Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday, April 12, 2009

169.5 pounds this morning - I am down 5.5 pounds in a grand total of 5 days. Hooray, under 170!! Now that’s a number I NEVER want to see again. Yesterday was hard at the end of the day, I was feeling hungry – or at least it seemed like it. I actually wasn’t physically hungry, but emotionally I sure wanted some comfort food. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday – I am hoping it get nice enough today so that I can walk outside.

I have some big bruises on my right thigh from my first few shots. I think I hit a vein or something. Now, I can give myself a shot in either thigh and it doesn’t even leave a mark. Getting easier and easier. Yesterday I cooked chicken in the crock pot, and have about three or four meals with that. I tried the apple dip and it was ok, nothing I’ll make again. I am going to Whole Foods today to get all the things Meijer didn’t have, plus some more apples. One whole apple seems to me to be far more filling than 5 or 6 strawberries. So far, I’ve gone with green beans, bell pepper, broccoli and cauliflower for my veggies. This morning we went to breakfast with mom and dad, and I just brought one grissini. I had that and some tea. Everyone thought that was pretty hysterical. My husband had ordered me some diet pop, which you are not supposed to drink on this diet, and I drank about half of it anyway. I hope it doesn’t have an adverse effect. I had no problems watching them all scarf down pancakes and bacon and biscuits with gravy – shocker!! I love going to bed on this diet – it’s so exciting to think about how much less I’ll weigh the next day. Before I would go to bed vowing that I would actually eat well the next day – and it seems like I would think this EVERY night. I would eat well for breakfast, lunch, snacks – and then at dinner I would totally go off the wagon. So far on this diet, I have followed the protocol exactly without much of an issue – well, except for that diet pop today! I do find that I need to really space out the food so I am eating every few hours. While I don’t feel hunger pangs, I do get my hypoglycemic symptoms if I go too long without eating – shaking, grumpy, that sort of thing.

What I need at the store: liquid stevia, Herbamare, spinach, apples, more chicken, more steamable veggie bags, Yerba Mate Tea.

How am I going to do this at work tomorrow? Being at home seems easy – I have total control of when I eat, my kitchen is right here, etc. Let’s see....

Apple right after I get to work

Grissini around 9:30

Chicken and veggies for lunch

Grissini at 2:30

My son has play practice until 6:00, so I think I will need to bring my dinner. Eat more chicken and veggies at 5:00.

Apple at 7:30.

Ok, so there’s my plan. I will buy some yummy organic apples today, and will make my cooler tonight.

Later -- back from Whole Foods. I found everything on my list. I bought four different kinds of organic apples for some variety. I am now enjoying a wonderful drink - I steeped one bag of Yerba Mate tea in ice water, then added 12 drops of English Toffee flavored liquid Stevia. Really yummy!! I had a grissini for breakfast today, chicken and broccoli and cauliflower for lunch, and an apple later for a snack. Tonight I am going to make Lemony Spinach and Chicken Soup. If it turns out well, I'll make another pot for lunch for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment