Sunday, April 12, 2009

Friday, April 10, 2009

Today is day three. Yesterday was my second gorging day, and I didn’t do so well – we ended up having to go to my brother-in-law’s graduation, which was awesome – but I was without food until about 5:00 pm! I ate as much as I could until bedtime.

Today is the first day of the 500 calorie diet. I am so anxious! Afraid I will fail, afraid I’ll be so hungry, afraid it just isn’t going to work for me. I had no problems injecting myself this morning. My right leg is bruised from the previous injections, buy my left leg seems to take it just fine.

Food-wise, it’s been ok. I had an apple and a grissini at about 9:30. Lunch was a hamburger and steamed green beans and orange bell pepper. I had that at 1:30, and I feel nicely full. Prior to that, I wasn’t super hungry, but I sure was grumpy! I have to make sure that I eat every few hours or my blood sugar goes down and I get MEAN. I made more hamburgers and veggies for later.

I weighed 175 this morning. This makes me ill just to think about it. I even have a double chin. They say the pounds you gained during the gorge will come right off, but man it was hard to see that number. I keep telling myself that 40 days of no ‘fun with food’ is very much worth losing 40 pounds!! I just can’t wait until that scale shows a number under 170. Then I will know that all this is working. Who am I kidding – I need it to show 140 before I will really feel like it’s working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment