Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday, April 18

Hooray!! I am done 2 whole pounds today, I weighed 165.5 this morning! Yesterday was most easier than I thought, but not exactly super fun. I ended up eating 3 apples and two eggs. I couldn't do only apples, and the eggs seemed to have worked out just fine. I made a mistake today and went to Zumba, my Latin dance class. I had NO energy. It was, unfortunately, the worst workout of all time, LOL! I worked up a sweat but it was a godsend that I got there late and had to be in the back. Usually I stand right up front next to the instructor, and I keep up with her move for move. But today I was just stumbling around, absolutely exhausted. I feel better now that I have eaten some more protein. I had an apple for breakfast and for lunch I had 3.5 ounces of grilled chicken with one slice of veggie cheese in place of the veggies. I am thrilled apple day is a thing of the past! And every day it becomes more and more clear just how addicted I was - am - to food. It's not like quitting smoking. With that, you throw out the cigs, stop going places where there is smoking, and have immediate rewards like more money, better breath, no more hiding. But food is EVERYWHERE, it is such a huge part of socializing, and no matter what I always have to eat several times a day. I feel that this addiction is much larger and pervasive than a drug addiction, or smoking. I have to eat. So this is a major paradigm shift. With all that said, it is getting easier and easier every day to stick to the diet and stay on track.

1 comment:

  1. Why do you think you didn't have any energy while doing Zumba? I'm looking into the diet but the lack of energy and losing muscle really scares me.

    ReplyDelete